Office of Student Support and Case Management
The Office of Student Support and Case Management provides comprehensive services in an effort to foster the safety and well-being of the Mason student community. Staff assist students encountering barriers to their academic success or personal growth by
- Providing connections to appropriate campus and off-campus resources
- Helping implement individualized action plans
- Collaborating with various campus departments on eliminating the potential risk for students in danger of harming themselves or others.
Students of Concern
The Office of Student Support and Case Management was organized in 2011 as a way to provide comprehensive service to students of concern. Working in cooperation with the Dean of Students Office, the Office of Student Support and Case Management serves as the primary resource for managing referrals and student issues related to crisis intervention. If necessary, the office refers students to the Campus Assessment & Intervention Team.
Individuals concerned about a Mason student are encouraged to contact the office if they
- Observe behavior raising questions about a student’s safety or that of those around him/her.
- Feel physically or verbally threatened by a student.
- Observe behavior that is different from a previously established pattern of behavior and a cause for concern.