Monday, March 20 – Friday, April 28
How Spring Into Well-Being events help Mason community thrive. Read article.
Don’t worry, be happy: GMU promotes student, faculty, and staff wellness with wall. Read article.
Happy Spring, Mason Nation! Please join us for one of the many (over 100!) well-being events happening across Mason that are part of this year’s Spring into Well-Being celebration.
Spring into Well-Being (SIWB) celebrates the Mason community’s commitment to well-being by highlighting awareness and educational programs and events hosted by units, departments, and student organizations across the University. Together they help support Mason’s strategic goal of becoming a well-being university. This year’s Spring Into Well-Being programming will run from Monday, March 20 – Friday, April 28.
How can I learn more about Mason’s Well-Being University Initiative?
To learn more about Mason’s Well-Being University initiative, please visit https://wbu.gmu.edu.
How can I join in the journey of Kindness and Well-Being?
As part SIWB, we are calling on all students, faculty, staff, and alumni to spread love and compassion through random acts of kindness at Mason and in our surrounding community with the #MasonKindness and #CapeItForward campaigns. To learn more or to see hashtags from Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, check out the MasonKindness, MasonKindness Tags, and CapeItForward Tags.
How can I or my unit/group/get involved?
We encourage you, on behalf of your Mason unit or group, to participate in a variety of ways. You can:
- Highlight a program or event you’ve already planned that will take place during the Spring into Well-Being time-frame (March 20-April 28)
- Create a new event during that time-frame
- Join us at any of the scheduled events
Any event or activity that focuses on one of the many aspects of well-being at Mason would contribute greatly to the celebration.
Events & Programs already planned include:
- International Day of Happiness and Well-Being – Mason Happiness Wall (JC Atrium) Monday, March 20th
- Mason Good Deeds Day – Thursday, March 30th
- Yoga for Well-Being (every Monday & Thursday, 3/20-4/27)
- Who’s Walking Wednesday (every Wednesday, 3/22-4/26)
- Leading to Well-Being Conference – April 6-8 (*This is a ticketed event. More info at leadingtowellbeing.gmu.edu)
If you have any questions about getting involved, or would like to add your event to the SIWB calendar, please email Lewis Forrest, email@example.com.
Thank you, in advance, for your support of Mason’s well-being university.
Rose Pascarell, Vice President, University Life
Linda H. Harber, Vice President, Human Resources, Payroll and Faculty/Staff Life
Nance Lucas, Executive Director, Center for the Advancement of Well-Being