Physical well-being is one of the well-being domains for ensuring a life of vitality, purpose, and resilience. Mason Recreation‘s programs promote lifelong well-being by fostering leadership, encouraging healthful living, and creating opportunities for learning and meaningful social interaction. A vast array of both structured and informal activities meet the dynamic needs of Mason’s diverse community.
- Fitness is Fun– Open session discussion on why physical activity is important.
- Recreation Sensation– Welcome Week event that showcases recreational opportunities to the campus community.
- Running Clinic-Informative workshop that discusses running as a lifelong activity.
- Iron Mason– Fitness incentive that encourages individuals to log and increase their physical activity level over the course of the semester.
- Free Health Screening– Free screening of blood pressure, body composition, and health tips to encourage positive behaviors and wise life choices.
- Resolution Solution– 9-week departmental fitness incentive challenge. The program is designed to encourage friendly competition between departments while providing incentive for regular exercise.
- Resolution Solution Sprint – 4-week fitness challenge. The program is designed to encourage friendly competition between departments while providing incentive for regular exercise
- Health and Fitness Expo– Primary contributor to the annual event. Community and on-campus exhibitors provide health information on topics such as nutrition, exercise, stress management, alternative therapies, and healthy self-care practices to the campus community.
- Group Fitness classes – Zumba, yoga, Pilates, cycling
- Personal training
- Certification courses – group exercise trainer and personal trainer
- Club sports teams – men’s and women’s
- Co-ed recreation sports
- Intramural sports