The MasonLeads program inspires the development, emergence, and recognition of leadership throughout the Mason community by:
- Raising campus-wide awareness of leadership opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and the local community.
- Encouraging student, faculty and staff participation in leadership development.
- Forming a cross-disciplinary community of leadership scholars at Mason.
- Focusing on the diverse talents and strengths of all involved in leadership.
- Publicizing and celebrating acts of leadership throughout the Mason community.
- Building a culture that values leadership at all levels of the institution.
The MasonLeads program is based on a set of leadership assumptions, core values, and competencies for faculty, staff, students, and alumni to consider in their own exploration and practice of leadership. Leadership is not always designated by a formal title: anyone can engage in the leadership process and assume leadership responsibilities. Through self-reflection and reflective practice, members of the university community can effect positive change at all levels.